Try your hand at creating your own low fat Skyr so you can control what goes into it. Enjoy the Yoghurt bursting with all the goodness from live cultures and with no additives or artificial flavours.
Skyr has originated in Iceland nearly 1000 years ago and is used daily, it was an accidental discovery as milk was left outside and in that time it fermented with the cultures from the environment. And thus we have a yoghurt that is great for your gut health and perfect for your brekkie!. Although it is technically more like a soft cheese it is used like yoghurt and can be enjoyed as a savoury or sweet addition to food, it has a slightly less acidic tang and if made properly will be thick and creamy.
Made with the same cultures as yoghurt as well as the addition of rennet which helps give the firmer texture, this low-fat food is unlike greek yoghurt as it is made from skim milk yet still contains the same, if not more protein and calcium than regular yoghurt.
- Time: 30 minutes of hands-on time.
- Quantity: Once made, you can re-culture your Skyr twice to make up to 7.5 kg or 15 batches!
- Gluten-Free - No Additives - Vegetarian - Live Cultures
- 1 L (1 US qt) Glass Jar
- Metal Closure Lid
- Muslin Cloth
- Vegetarian Rennet Tablets (Ingredients: rennet (milk clotting enzyme, excipients)
- 5 x Sachets of Dairy-Free Yoghurt Culture
- How-to Guide