The term 'mahahome.com' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website, WWW.MAHAHOME.COM LTD, whose registered office is 278 Abbeydale Road, Wembley, Middlesex, HA0 1TW. Our company registration number is 07851867. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- By placing an order on our website, you give us permission to contact you through the email associated with your order.
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available only for your personal non-commercial use and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive only if needed to make a purchase. Any other use of the material and content of the website is prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by mahahome.com and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising from, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of mahahome.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, mahahome.com takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Description of products
The products sold on this website are subject to the Product Description which sets out conditions related to the sale of that item. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details and prices of products appearing on this website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, information appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the exact situation at the moment you place your order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted and confirmed.
Condition of product packaging
All the items we sell are brand new and unused and in the vast majority of cases products ordered on mahahome.com will arrive in packaging which is completely unmarked. However, in some rare instances the packaging may be slightly scuffed or have a price tag on it as all of the products we sell are stocked in our high street stores. As a ‘clicks and mortar’ retailer we are only able to offer a vast range of products for sale on our website from stock because we keep these items available for sale in our high street stores. Once online orders are placed the items are physically taken off our shelves and packed to be shipped to our online customers.
If you are buying a gift and would like to know the condition of the packaging prior to shipping please indicate this on the order, we will be more than happy to provide you with this information. Please note that only in cases where the actual item is damaged will we treat the order as faulty/damaged, and we do not accept scuffed packaging as a legitimate fault in the goods.
Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
Recycling Household Electrical Equipment
With effect from July 2007, the UK's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations require that all producers of electrical equipment are now obliged to pay for recycling of household electrical goods, where previously this bill was met by councils or items were not recycled at all. These regulations also require that all retailers both actively assist in delivering a UK wide WEEE collection infrastructure and encourage the participation of consumers in recycling electronic equipment thereby improving the environmental performance of businesses that manufacture, supply, use, recycle and recover electrical and electronic equipment.
mahahome.com are members of the Distributor Take-back Scheme (DTS) run by Valpak. We pay a yearly fee to Valpak which contributes to the cost of recycling Electrical goods in the UK by assisting local councils to further develop their existing waste electronics collection facilities.
You can recycle your electrical waste items by taking them to your local WEEE recycling point. Not all council sites are suitable to collect all types of waste electrical goods but to find out your nearest participating site (including other collection facilities that may not be operated by the council) and for advice on all aspects of recycling at home, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk. Don't forget to have your postcode ready to use in the 'recycling facilities' locator.
Recycling Household Batteries
Your household batteries can be recycled by us. Simply drop your batteries into your local store and they'll be recycled, helping to reduce the 20-30,000 tonnes of batteries thrown away in the UK each year. Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access this website help deliver a high-quality website and online shopping experience. Some cookies are necessary to enable customers to make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programs however, none of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to online transactions.
2. To enable us to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
3. To enable us to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use, and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
If You Make A Purchase from Our Website
If you place an order on our website, you will be asked to provide your email address, name, shipping address, billing address, telephone & payment details.
We will use your name and email address to send you an order confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email. We will also use your payment details to process payment for your order and your shipping address and other contact details to ship your order to you. Such processing of your Personal Data is necessary to process your order; the legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data and that without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you order-related communications or to fulfil your order.
If We Send You Service Updates
We use your Personal Data to send you important service announcements and updates regarding our Website. When you make a purchase from our website, we may send further to the initial order and shipping confirmation emails, communication regarding shipping delay, processing problems and out of stock items through email.
Such service announcements and updates contain important information relevant to your use of our Website.
The processing of your Personal Data for such purposes is necessary for the performance of our services. The legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data and that without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you service-related communication.
If You Contact Our Customer Service
If you contact our customer service, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
Such processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our services; the legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data and that without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you customer service-related communications.
If You Subscribe to Newsletters and Other Marketing Communications.
During an order purchase, or subscribing elsewhere on our Website, you have the option to consent to receiving newsletters and other information on our products and services. If you “opt-in” we will send you promotional newsletters and inform you about offers, events and surveys via e-mail and through social media platforms. The legal basis for such processing of your data is your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR) or – if you are an existing customer – our legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR) in providing you with relevant marketing information. Please note that you are not legally required to provide us with your Personal Data. However, without your Personal Data we will not be able to send you our newsletters and other information as described above. You have the option to opt-out of these types of communication at any time by following the respective instructions in such communication.